Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Pumpkin Crazed Snack Attack

I love snacks! I'm not the type to get through the day on three square meals. I get hungry between meals! One of my favorite healthy snacks to have is Greek yogurt. My favorite is Fage Total 2%. It has protein and calcium and is absolutely guilt free but so delicious it almost tastes like dessert. Almost. Like I mentioned in my last post I try my very best to stay away from artificial ingredients; unfortunately most flavored Greek yogurts have a list of ingredients that don't impress me so I take matters into my own hands and create my own flavors. Making my own flavors also allows me to control the sugar level. Have you seen the amounts of sugar in flavored yogurts?! I don't know about you but I'd rather save my sugar for real sweets like a chocolate bar!

I start with the plain yogurt and sprinkle a stevia packet in there to sweeten it up and then top it with sliced fruit or granola or both. Sometimes if I'm feeling super indulgent I add a drizzle of honey. Or if I'm not feeling fruity I'll mix in a little all natural peanut butter or almond butter, some vanilla extract and a sprinkle of chocolate chips! It's fun to experiment and come up with new flavors for whatever mood strikes.

Lately my mood has been pumpkin! I'm obsessed! Nothing says fall like pumpkin flavored everything and I know I'm not alone judging by all of the pumpkin flavored products that show up on store shelves around this time every year. I've been indulging my love for pumpkin in many ways but one way is my all natural, sugar free pumpkin yogurt. Here is my "recipe":





Pumpkin Greek Yogurt

1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons pumpkin puree (canned)
1 - 2 stevia packets
1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Tastes great topped with granola! And/or a drizzle of 100% pure maple syrup!

No comments:

Post a Comment