Tuesday, August 18, 2015

"Faux" Ice Cream Shake

I love cookies so it's no surprise I love cookie flavored things. I also love ice cream, (who doesn't really?!) so obviously I love the occasional shake. I say occasional only because it's like the caloric  equivalent of eating an entire tub of ice cream. Unfortunately for me a shake usually comes with a free side of guilt. (Anyone else?)

Today I was craving a shake (but didn't want to drink a tub of ice cream) so I made one from some healthy ingredients and the only "bad ingredients" were two Trader Joe's Gluten Free Joe-Joe's. I can feel good about that! It tasted so good and definitely hit the spot on this oh so hot Southern California August evening.



Here is my recipe for my healthier Gluten Free Cookies and Creme "Faux" Ice Cream Shake:

Ice - about 1/2 to 1 cup (I used crushed)

Soy Milk - about 1/4 to 1/2 cup (I used Trader Joe's Organic Unsweetened)
2% Fage Plain Greek Yogurt - about 1/4 cup
Stevia to taste (I used powder but liquid would work also)
Chocolate Sandwich Cookies - 2 (I used Trader Joe's Gluten Free Joe-Joe's

Can you tell I shop at Trader Joe's?! I love that store. I can feel good about their products, knowing they aren't full of chemicals and other nasty stuff. Food should be food, not a science experiment made in a lab.

Anyway, put all ingredients into a blender. I didn't measure anything. You can adjust the amounts depending on how thick or thin you want it.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment